top of page

Vehicle Donations

See below for answers to common questions. Fill out the form if you have more questions, or are ready to donate.

Car Park

Vehicles Donated Last Year


Does my car have to be running to qualify for donation?

No. But it must have all of its parts (tires, mechanical components, etc.), and be towable.

Do I have to be with the vehicle when it's picked up?

No. You can make special arrangements when you talk with the towing company.

What does SVdP do with the donated vehicles?

Donated vehicles are sold at auction. Funds from auction sales support our emergency food, rent, and utility assistance programs.

What paperwork do I need?

A signed title and registration card. If you don’t have the title, you can obtain an Application for Replacement Title from the local DMV, either in person or online. Simply fill out the form, and give it to the towing company along with keys to the vehicle.

Do I get a receipt for my donation?

The tow company will leave a receipt when they pick up the vehicle. This initial form will show your name along with the make, model and year of the vehicle. SVdP will later mail you a final acknowledgement including the auction date and sale total. This will be the receipt for your charitable contribution.

How much can I claim as a tax deduction?

Refer to your final donation receipt from SVdP to calculate your deduction. If your vehicle sold for $500 or less, you can claim the amount up to $500. If it sold for more than $500, you need to complete IRS Form 1098-C to claim the full gross amount of the sale. Your receipt will include more instructions if the sale price was over $500.

Type of Vehicle
Is the Vehicle Drivable?
Is the Vehicle Towable?
Preferred Contact Method
Your form has been submitted!
bottom of page