top of page
  • Craig Loughridge

Did you lose food because of the ice storm?

Do you get SNAP food benefits, and had to throw away spoiled food because you lost power? Thousands of people around NW Oregon lost power or had other damage from our winter storm this week.

If you participate in the government's SNAP food program, you may be able to get replacement funds to purchase food that you lost because of the storm. To learn what to do to get the replacement benefit, contact the Oregon Department of Human Services right away at 800-699-9075 or

You have 10 days from the date of your loss to contact Oregon DHS to get this extra help. You also can visit your local DHS office in person to get the process started.

If you can't go in person, and you don't have phone or email, you can send a postal letter to DHS at:

ONE Customer Service Center

P.O. Box 14015

Salem, OR 97309


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page