Please Note:

* COMING EVENTS: 150th Gala Event October 12, 2019 AND Annual Awards Dinner November 16, 2019!

* IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER: Closure information for the Council can be found HERE .

* NEW YEAR’S DAY HOLIDAY CLOSURE: We will be closed Tuesday, January 1st, but open as normal on December 31st.

Leave Us In Your Will


How do I include the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in my will or living trust?

The most common way people remember St. Vincent de Paul in a will or living trust is through a charitable bequest. You do not have to rewrite your current documents; instead simply add an amendment, called a codicil, to your will or living trust. Here is some suggested language you can have your attorney review.

“I give devise and bequeath to the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Portland Council (tax I.D. 93-0456525), located in Portland, Oregon, the sum of _______________dollars ($__________) (or state a percentage of your estate, or describe real or personal property, including location.) for the benefit of its general purposes (or specify a particular area you wish to support).”

Your bequest is entirely under your control during life and becomes irrevocable only at death. If you have any questions about bequests, call Charlotte Mulder at 503-238-5567 or email your question to: